What is the Full Form of CPU?
CPU full form in computer is derived as
C – CENTRAL
P – PROCESSING
U – UNIT
CPU full form is the Central Processing Unit. CPU is also famous as the brain of the Computer, a Processor, Central Processor, microprocessor, and main Processor. CPU is the part of a computer that manages all the other parts of the Computer.
Also read – Mouse full form
The Central Processing Unit works all Input/Output, Logical, Aptitude, Managing, Basic arithmetical Operations in the Computer Program.
Function of CPU
It receives instructions from hardware and software and provides output accordingly. It stores all the essential programs and other application software.
CPU is communicating with input and output to devise with each other. CPU is installed in the motherboard on some specific area, which is known as CPU socket.
- Memory Unit (it’s also called as MU)
- Arithmetic Logic Unit (it’s also called as ALU)
- Control Unit (it’s also called as CU)
1) MU (Memory Unit)
All Informations, Data, Results, Directions are stored in MU. It’s also known as SU(Storage Device)
When Computers need information, this part provides all information, Data, and M.U. size also affects working hours, Power, Speed of the Computer.
Types of Memory Unit(MU):
Primary Memory is known as RAM (Random Access Memory), Temporary Memory. It’s called Temporary Memory because whenever Computers turn off, it lost all data.
Its size disturbs working hours, Power, Speed of the Computer.
ii) Secondary Memory
Secondary Memory is famous as ROM (Read Only Memory).
Example of ROM :-
Hard Disc, DVD, CD, Pen Drive, Card Reader, etc.
Different Useful Function of Memory Unit(MU)
- It stores managed results of somewhat type of a calculation
- Storage Unit stores all the required order and Data which necessary for processing
- This Unit spread outputs and Inputs Data
2) ALU full form
ALU full form is Aerith Matic Unit. ALU controls all arithmetic and Logical works. It displays the vital structure block of the central processing unit. In modern CPUs contain powerful ALUs and Control Unit (CU).
Sub Category of ALU
Arithmetic Part performed all arithmetic works such as Subtraction, Division, Multiplication, Addition.
All complex operations and calculations are performed using the arithmetic functions.
Logic Part performed all matching, paralleling, selecting, integration.
3) CU full form
CU full form Control Unit guides the action of the computer’s processor.
A CU delivery input information that it changes into a control signal which is sent to the CPU.
Control unit (CU) functions are:
- It does not store the data.
- It manages all parts of the Computer.
- It interconnects with I/O devices of the computer for results from the Memory Unit(MU).
Types of Control Units (CU):
- Hardwired Control Unit
- Micro programmable Control Unit
Above we know CPU full form in computer, CPU definition, CPU diagram so let’s know the CPU components.
Types of CPU
- Transistor CPUs
- Small Scale Integration CPUs
- Large Scale Integration CPUs
The parts of CPU (Central Processing Unit)
- Display Card
- H.D.D (Hard Disk)
- F.D.D (Floppy Disk Drive)
- R.A.M (Random Access Memory)
- R.O.M (Read Only Memory)
- S.M.P.S (Switch Mode Power Suppliers)
- A.L.U (Arithmetic Logic Unit)
- Motherboard + Cooling System3
- Storage (SSD/HDD)
- Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- Graphics Card
History of CPU
- Bron J. Jackob inverted Silicon(Si) in 1823
- Nikola Tesla patented gates in 1903.
- In 1947, William Shockley, Walter Brattain & John Bardeen discovered transistor and patented the first transistor in 1948.
- Jack Kilby & Robert Noyce was invented Integrated Circuit (IC) in 1958.
- The automatic mass-production capability was invented by International Business Machine(IBM) for transistors in 1960.
- Gordon Moore & Robert Noyce was an inverted Intel corporation in 1968.
- The first microprocessor was the Intel 4004 which was discovered Intel in 1971.
- Sun company developed The SPARC processor in 1987.
- AM386 microprocessor group developed AMD in 1991.
- The Pentium processor introduced by Intel in 1993. This Pentium processor was 60 MHz.
- AMD introduced the 800MHz Athlon processor, and Intel introduced the Celeron 533 MHz in 2000.
- In 2001, Intel introduced 800 MHz Celeron processor and the 1.3 GHz Pentium four processor.
- AMD introduced the first dual-core processor, and Intel introduced Core 2 Quad processor Q6600 and Core 2 Duo processor E4300 in 2007.
- Intel introduced the Core i7 processor in 2008.
- Intel introduced the first i3 mobile processors and the first i5 mobile processor in 2010.
- Intel introduced the Core i3 desktop processor and Core i5 desktop processor in 2010.
- Intel introduced their first Core i9 mobile processor (i9-8950) in 2018
Top CPU created Company name
- Media Tek
- Hewlett- Packard
- Global Foundries
- Acer Inc.
Other CPU full form in computer
|CPU Full-Form List||Category|
|Change Password Utility||General|
|Chemical Protective Underwear||Military|
|China Pharmaceutical University||Institute|
|Command Processing Unit||Military|
|Command Performing Unit||General|
|Clever People Understand||Chat|
|Chips Processing Unit||General|
|Centrifugal Power User||Occupation&Positions|
|Ceramic Public Urinal||Products|
|Common Part User||Military|
|Community Protection Units||Ghana|
|Computer Part Unknown||Computing|
|Computer Printer Unit||NASA|
|Computer Put To Use||Computing|
|Constructing Physics Understanding||Educational|
|Contract Postal Unit||General|
|Contracts and Purchasing Unit||British Medicine|
|Control Pointing Unit||NASA|
|Control Program Unit||General|
|Core Processing Unit||Hardware|
|Corporate Protection Unit||General Business|
|Cost Per Unit||Business|
|Cretinous Punk Underpants||Banking|
|Crime Prevention Unit||Law & Legal|
|Critical Patch Updates||General|
|Custom Processing Unit||News & Media|
|Customer Pick Up||General|
|Cute People United||Chat|
|Central Patrolling Unit||General Computing|
|Control And Production Unit||General|
|California Pacific University||Universities|
|Central Power Unit||General|
|Central Policy Unit||General|
|Central Place Unit||General|
|Central Philippine Universityrsity||Universities|
|Capacitance Potential Units||Unit Measures|
Frequently asked Questions
1. What are the components of the CPU?
1.Memory Unit / Storage Unit (MU/SU)
2.Arithmetic Logic Unit ( ALU)
3.Control Unit ( CU)
2.What is the full form of ROM and RAM?
RAM-Randon Access Memory
It’s called Temporary Memory because whenever Computers turn off, it lost all data.
ROM-Read Only Memory
Examples of ROM -Hard Disc, DVD, CD, Pen Drive, Card Reader, etc.
3.Top Ten CPU company name?
Ans.-List of Ten CPU company Name
4. What are the Types of CPU and CPU full form?
2.Small Scale Integration CPUs
3.Large Scale Integration CPUs
CPU full form – Central Processing Unit
5.Who invented the I.C. ?
Robert Noyce & Jack Kilby invented the IC ( Integrated Circuit).
I wish you have loved this CPU Full form in computer post, if you have any questions related to this post then comment below, I will try to give answers ASAP.